Friday, December 20, 2013

i started a joke

kate is apparently to be the focus (I mean, when is she not!) of a new upcoming exhibition, held in celebration of her 40th birthday in January.

Journalist - turned -"artist" Russell Marshall has selected 10 images that he believes "best encapsulate the model as one of the world's most famous faces".

 "'Celebrity' can be short-lived these days, but not so with Kate," Marshall said. "While other celebs have come and gone, Kate has stayed. Kate's not just a survivor and she's not hanging on to fame. She grows bigger, brighter and more iconic each year."

So, of course, bigger and brighter ... so what has our artist friend gone and done? Not happy with kate's skin tanning, he drew inspiration from us here at ishotkate and has announced, in all seriousness (both I am telling you truthfully and he is doing this earnestly) that "each portrait will come in 10 different colorways, available to buy at the exhibition".
 
FYI: A colorway is "one of several different combinations of colors in which a given pattern is printed on fabrics, wallpapers, etc."

So, officially, kate is wallpaper. Here are some examples of the "work":
I am almost too insulted to even try and manipulate these as the job has already been done ... instead I give you, with the assistance of the Bee Gees via Faith No More, I Started A Joke

If you are in London and would like to join me in protest by handing out www.ishotekatemoss.com flyers, please send me a note ... the showcase, entitled Kate Moss: 40 - A Retrospective, will be held at the appropriately (and not intentionally ironic) named London's Imitate Modern Gallery from Jan 17 until Feb 15, 2014. Observe it, shoot it, submit it. Don't slow down for this one ...

PS I couldn't resist, her is my ode to Russell Marshall:
Update
The following images are from Marie Claire of Marshall's work (I am so honored by their efforts and contribution to ishotkatemoss that I have submitted the 2nd image on their behalf):

No comments:

Post a Comment