Monday, December 9, 2013

You can't blame a boy for trying can you?


The fact that they gave me the time of day means that I give playboy and their bunnies the thumbs up ... so to speak

From: ishotkatemoss
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2013 10:11 PM

To:  ____________
Subject: kate moss Project

Dear __________
_________________ kindly passed on your email address as I have just recently embarked on a new project that involves kate moss, who I was happy to find out was involved with the anniversary issue for Playboy. I am not sure if there is a way to tie all of this together, but thought I would touch base.
You can see the specific project at: www.ishotkatemoss.com (we only just launched this site).  I look forward to hearing from you soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: ____________
To: ishotkatemoss
Subject: RE: kate moss Project

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 10:22:37

Hey,
Thanks for reaching out. I’m not sure if or how I can be of help with your project. I can’t really comment on anything related to the magazine or my work here in any critical way at this point…

What did you have in mind?

Best, 
____________
Lead Editor: Playboy.com

________________________
_____________

Mobile: ______________
Email: _____________________

  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: ishotkatemoss
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2013 12:27 PM
To: ____________
Subject: RE: kate moss Project

Thanks for the quick response. I am not 100% sure ... I just think that there is a fascinating opportunity ... when the project started I didn't know about the kate moss shoot with playboy, so I think it is serendipitous.

The project is an encouragement for people to interact with the images, I see it in a way as the next phase of response to the original photographs that have already been presented. As an example, it is impossible for anyone to participate in this project if they are not in fact looking at the playboy with kate moss and reacting and responding to it. So I think it would be fascinating to encourage current readers (but also to attract others - particularly artists who have a preconceived notion as to the magazine) to look afresh and create something artistic in response. I am simply presenting the platform for the recognition of the work and trying to encourage a new way of seeing as we are inundated with the images.

As an example, I have just begun asking a number of very well known photographers to respond to the project - one a week will be highlighted, probably starting in the new year. This does not necessarily have to be the playboy shoot of kate's in particular, but it could be and I could share that work with you maybe for the playboy site or a blog? Also, flipping it around where a similar initiative could be undertaken with your readers I think would be fascinating i.e. we could highlight one reader’s response to the project each week?

The whole project is collaborative and referential so I am keen to hear what others think and am completely open to feedback and ideas.

Best wishes and thanks again for the consideration
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: ____________
To: ishotkatemoss
Subject: RE: kate moss Project

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 12:43PM

Hi,
I don’t think your project is something we can get involved with, but good luck with it!
Best,
____________
Lead Editor: Playboy.com

________________________
________________________
_____________

Mobile: ______________
Email: _____________________


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I take that as a stamp of approval from Hugh Hefner ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment