NEWS OF THE DAY: kate moss has collaborated on a champagne glass molded from her left breast
We scoured the on-line "press" to find and share some comments in response to the latest kate announcement - which iskm hates to admit but it seems as though it is being fairly widely covered ... slow news day (ISIS/ISIL, ebola and Ferguson MO obviously are all old news). iskm will spare you comments with Dolly Parton beer keg and Pamela Anderson soup kettle references but have selected a few we found insightful ...
- : What? Errrm, why? OK then, now I'm going to use my breast to shape an earthen pot.
- The original Champagne coupe is fabled to be modeled on Marie Antoinette's breast in the late 18th century ... Kate Moss has provided a modern update on the design. Or, it's just a shameless marketing ploy for big wigs; to smile as they titillatingly raise a glass to their lips?
Though this myth has been debunked, there have been very real drinking vessels based on famous ladies' chests e.g. in 2008 Dom Perignon created, with the help of Karl Lagerfeld, a serving bowl inspired by model Claudia Schiffer's breats. By a quirk of fate, it just so happens that apparently there is also a coupe based on Lee MIller's breast (some kate fanatic must have read the last iskm blog entry and been inspired!)
- VK7: Kate Moss is happy to be associated with Marie Antoinette, a woman who lived in luxury off the poverty of people starving ...
C'mon VK7, let kate eat her cake ... she explained: ''I was excited to participate in this project - what an honor to be alongside Marie Antoinette - she was a very intriguing and mischievous character …"
- Disappointed not to see some illustrative shots of the mold-making process.
- Asherware: The super rich and privileged sure do live in la-la land.
The restaurant describes the so-called coupe as an "intricate abstract design reminiscent of Art Deco symmetry which, when held at an angle, shows a beautiful curvy shape."
- tomuchthought: A toast to Kate's 'curves'! I'm sorry ...where are they??
- louise: I mean yeah, this has definitely been photoshopped ...
Furthering this conversation, 'journalist' Nancy Mattia states on people.com within the Great Ideas section: "We wonder if Moss’s overlooked right boob will be staging a protest."
Oh Nancy ...
Oh Nancy ...
You want insightful and thought provoking analysis, I refer you to spraycan and des:
- spraycan: Whose left testicle did they mold for the shot glasses?
- All this got us thinking, who are the boobs in this latest sorry ordeal?As we fell to the ground in fits of laughter while reading such observations and struggling with such deep thoughts, another comment came to the fore:
Great idea. I am going to use my tackle to make a double egg cup holder ... Might put me off my breakfast
A bottle of bubbly for the first person to send a submission to www.ishotkatemoss.com, taken through, or involving, a coupe glass.Observe. Slow Down. Shoot. Submit.