Thursday, May 21, 2015

Desire & Disgust (redux, 2015): #5


SVA student, Alon Borten’s immersive photographic and performance based work deals with issues of identity and sexuality.

I was really interested in kate moss as this fashion icon, someone who is constantly being altered and their physical appearance scrutinized to fit into society's ideas of perfection and beauty.

Alon wanted to mirror kate’s process, and perform as she does, while also looking towards the physical transformation of the self.
I began to understand that performing in a more sexual manner than I'm used to made me uncomfortable. It was physically difficult positioning myself in ways that mimicked her own.

Look at www.alonborten.com to immerse yourself further in Alon’s imagery and performance reality.

Just like the SVA students ... Observe. Slow Down. Shoot. Submit.

No comments:

Post a Comment